If you've never had cherry turnovers or want to bring a batch to work for National Cherry Turnover Day then this is the perfect recipe to start on since it is about as easy as it gets. It takes zero prep and the result will rival any bakery.
1) First preheat the oven to 175 °C fan or 190 regular. At the same time you can thaw the dough (if frozen) and roll out as prescribed on the package.
2) Now cut the dough into squares roughly 20 cm by 20 cm.
3) Next, add about 2 tbsp of cherry filling to the center of each square.
4) Wet your finger with some water and brush some water along the edge of each Turnover, and fold one corner to the opposite corner to form a triangle.
5) Whisk the egg and 2 tbsp of milk together and brush the top surface of each turnover with the mixture.
6) Line up the turnovers on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy on top.
7) For the glaze simple whisk the powdered sugar, 2 tbsp of milk, and vanilla extract together until smooth, pour into a Ziploc bag, cut a tiny corner off the bottom and drizzle over the turnovers in any pattern you like!
8) Alternatively, if you prefer a powdered sugar topping, just add some powdered sugar to a sive and shake over each turnover.