Tortellini are ring-shaped pasta. They are sometimes described as "navel shaped", hence their alternative name of "belly button". Originally from the Italian region of Emilia, they are usually stuffed with a mix of meat, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, egg and nutmeg.
1) Saute' chunks of sausage and minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil.
2) When meat is browned, add the sliced mushroom
3) Stir on medium/high heat for 3 minutes.
4) Add diced tomatoes, season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
5) Cook tortellini in separate pot of salted water.
6) Remove 1 minutes before suggested cooking time and add to sausage/veggie pan and mix well for one minute.