This recipe is for a standard guacamole and is the ideal dip for corn chips or quesadillas, or can be used in a burrito or Mexican burger. It takes no time at all to prepare and tastes orders of magnitude better than the store-bought stuff. If you've never made your own, give it a shot this year for National Guacamole Day!
1) Begin by slicing each avocado in half, twisting the halves apart to separate, and removing the pits.
2) Roughly mash the avocados in a bowl using the back of a fork, add the juice of the lime and stir to combine.
3) Cut the tomato in half and try to remove as much of the juicy seeds as you can. Dice the halves and add to the avocado mixture.
4) Finely chop the cilantro and red onion and add to the avocado mixture along with the rest of the ingredients.
5) Combine everything with your fork and transfer to a serving bowl. Feel free to garnish with the pit of the avocado placed on top, and sprinkle on a few more cilantro leaves if you like!