Handily placed before the warm days of summer depart, National Banana Split Day is an excellent excuse to revisit and indulge yourself with this simple, but tasty and refreshing dessert. The instructions here are for guidance only. With the banana and ice cream/cream construction complete, don't be afraid to dress your split with whatever manner of sauces and toppings take your fancy.
1) Peel the banana and slice down the middle using a blunt knife.
2) Put the split banana in a serving dish. Scoop out some balls of ice cream, then put them in the middle of the banana halves.
3) Top each ice cream scoop with some squirts of cream.
4) Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the split.
5) Decorate with the sprinkles and nuts.